Wednesday, May 6

Wednesday - The Big Day is Here!



Whoa..... The morning started very early this day.  It was still dark and I was not ready to get up.  Mom was insistent, so I got dressed and headed downstairs.  That is when I looked at my poppa's phone and saw the time!  What is going on? (cute kid on my poppa's phone)  It is way too early to go to school.  Then I remembered, it must mean the plunge event has started.  Ya ya says it is a wedding not a plunge.  Adults confuse me!   Whatever it is - dad packed the car with suitcases that were stacked around the living room and we were off. 

It was short ride to the airport and dad gave me a big kiss and we headed into a huge building.  Some nice ladies in uniform took our big suitcases and security looked at my insides with a machine.  Then I saw it!  Poppa said, "airplane".  Airplane nothing - It looked like a pocket rocket to me.  Small and fast!

I was so glad I got a window seat for my first ride.   Out of nowhere there was a loud roar and we started to roll down the road faster than my dad ever drives.  With a thump and a jump we were flying!   All I could say was, WOW!

The ride was short and everyone said I was good.  When the plane stopped I thought we were in airplane heaven.  There were big ones, little ones, and some with propellers.  I got to walk on the ramp real close to the planes.  Sooooo Cool!

When we walked inside the first person we saw was my Aunt Bridget. 
When I looked behind her it was my favorite, Uncle Brandon.  Could it be true he brought a Thomas size guitar.  After a slow breakfast everybody wanted a Blood Mary, but poppa said breakfast was too expensive. 

Good ole Aunt Bridget came up with a plan.


The wait went by quickly at CLT.  I did not make any money for my efforts so the adults just shopped while poppa and I rode the moving sidewalks.  Talking about fun!  The sidewalks are the bomb.  Finally it was time to board a big plane and head to the blue water island yaya always talks about.

Me, I was beat and before the seat could be buckled in I was out like a light.  In fact, I do not remember even leaving CLT.
Almost 3 hours into the flight, I awoke to the news we had started our initial decent into St Thomas. 
Man was that one serious nap.  Slept through a movie that made my aunt cry.  Does not sound like a flick for me.  Just give me my Kindle and a Fireman Sam adventure and call me Mr Happy.  However no need for a Kindle today, all I saw was the back my eyelids.

We arrived in St Thomas and from the moment I stepped off the plane I could feel the warm Caribbean breezes.  We jumped into a cab with some folks from Ohio and it was off to the Red Hook ferry.  The ferry ride was my favorite.   The wind in my face and the smell of salt air told me we were almost there.

Land Ho!  St John Dead Ahead!

 
What a day... Cars, Planes, moving sidewalks, taxi cab rides, a ferry, a rent a car, and we finally arrived at our villa.  Not one tear all day.  I am pretty pumped, but it is bedtime now.  Promise more stories tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. TJ, it sounds like you had an amazing first big adventure! Can't wait to hear all about your first trip to see and play in the water. I am quite sure if you play your music at the Beach Bar you will attract more people and the folks in St. John are very generous, so you should make some money! Have fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. TJ, it sounds like you've had quite the adventure so far. As cute as you look, I can't believe you didn't earn any money with your "guitar!" Rest up tonight, because tomorrow will be another big day!

    ReplyDelete