Sunday, May 10

Friday - Plunge Day!


Big day today - My daddy arrived right on time this morning and I went to my first wedding.  It was so good to see my daddy.  He had a very long night to arrive to make Josh and Lauren’s vows.  Richmond to Boston, Boston to San Juan, and finally San Juan to St Thomas with a 7:30 arrival.  

The wedding was a morning ceremony on the beach.  It was very nice, but the big iguana that was running around was much more fun to watch.  Afterwards there was an amazing brunch and a guy played steel drums in the background.  He even let me try.  So fun!   Everyone was raising glasses and saying nice things about Josh and Lauren.   She looked so beautiful in a big white dress.  There were tons of pictures taken so I know they will always remember the day they took the plunge.




So after a bunch of food, chasing iguanas, and meeting a bunch of new people, I was beat.  Back to the villa for an afternoon siesta and I crashed hard.  So hard that my aunt and uncle stayed with me while mom went on her first snorkel at Hawknest Beach.  It was mom’s first time seeing fish under the sea and she came home so excited.  It was just a short snorkel, but she caught the bug.  I can see much more underwater time in her future. 

I slept so long that when I woke up everybody was in the pool chillin’ and telling stories.  The cottage where we are staying is high on Giftt Hill and the winds just howl through the house.  My YaYa put out some sugar water on the deck, and little yellow birds came from all over to enjoy.  They are so much fun to watch as they line up to take their turn.
 
Just when I thought the plunge event was over it was back down the hill for a sunset boat ride.  Now we are talkin’ some serious fun.  We really did not sail very far.  We tacked back and forth between St Thomas, St James, Lovango, and Mingo as the sun kept getting lower and lower.  All of sudden the Captain announced that he was exhausted and could not drive the boat anymore.  He called for volunteers and I was the first to raise my hand.  Yep, Me!  I was behind wheel setting course for the party, with dad backing me up of course.  When it was all dark, Lauren and Josh let go a Chinese wish lantern that flew high into the sky.  We could see it sail away for a long long time.  Yes indeed it was a big day! 



My favorite thing about weddings is that all the pretty girls just love to pick up little boys. 
 
!!!!!SWEET!!!!


5 comments:

  1. What a great day! Such fun pictures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was sooooo fun. My Poppa is having so much fun that he is getting behind in the blog. I tell him stories to write and he just does not upload them. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad that your Daddy made it in time for the plunge, and that your Mommy has caught the snorkel bug! I'm sure you had a great time driving the boat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My momma is a snorkeling lady now. She has now seen turtles, rays, and even a baby shark. Today is Walerlemon. Poppa says I even may see a turtle today.

      Delete