Thursday, May 7

Thursday - Beach Time!


The morning came fast.  The time is the same as back home, but I am told we are now in Atlantic Standard Time.  Here in St John they do not roll the clocks for daylight savings, so the time is the same but it seems awful early when the sunrises.  So since dad has not arrived yet, I took the opportunity to climb up in mom’s bed and chill for a little while.  Nothing like a little Thomas the Train at sunrise.

While Poppa made breakfast, YaYa and I checked out the view from the living room.  She tried to explain to me about the Saharan Dust that blows across the ocean and ruins the great view, but it makes no sense to me. 
 
Just looks like city smog.   But hopefully as the day goes on the day will become better.

We loaded up our Explorer with chairs, snorkel stuff, towels, and the all important cooler and headed to Maho on the north shore.  What a crazy ride!  Up and down hills, round sharp corners, and a few speed bumps that rattle my teeth.  At last we arrived to a beautiful beach!  I must admit the water was alittle cold for me and the early wake up was wearing on me a little.  So my Poppa gave me a job. 
 


 
He said, Thomas, Guard the Cooler please!  And for the next 1and1/2 hours I made sure no one got close to it.  I awoke to birds playing and fish jumping.
 
 

We packed up at lunchtime and headed to Trunk Bay.  No cruise ships were in so the beach was very nice, but a little crowded.


Poppa and momma hung out and the rest of the group snorkeled out around the island.  I had a blast floating around on the raft in the blue water.

Tonight was the rehearsal dinner for Lauren and Josh.  Before we left Uncle Brandon and I had a dance party.  We shook the villa up... clapping and stompin' feet music.
 
We headed down the big hill to the dinner.  Whoa!  It was a new way that had even more curves!  Arriving safely the adults chatted and I just hung out.  Once again I blew the adults away by being on my best behavior.  The food was excellent and from my vantage point it sure appeared that everyone had a good time.

Poppa and I were very bad!  Don’t tell YaYa, but my Poppa and I laughed and laughed when a lizard climbed into YaYa’s PJs.   Let the screaming begin tonight at bedtime.
 
 

It is time for bed.  My daddy is flying all night to be here with us. Come quick dad we missed you! 
 
We heard today that Grandpa Sam is very sick so as I close my eyes I blow him a big kiss and a prayer.  Get well soon!  We love you.

3 comments:

  1. TJ, so glad you're having such a great time and getting to visit the beaches. That guarding the cooler thing is hard work, but you're just the guy to do it! Please keep your Poppa in line and be nice to your YaYa -- she's a great person! I'll keep your Grampa Sam in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Miss Debbie! Grandpa Sam is doing better and I know everybody's prayers are helping!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, the bird in the water looks as big as he is! Love the nap position too - I remember being able to sleep like that. It's been awhile... ;)

    ReplyDelete