Friday, May 15

Saturday - Wow Wow Wow - What a day!

My Saturday started early, I was up with the roosters.  I saw Daddy getting my carrier ready so I knew we were in for an adventure.  I just did not know how many adventures we would have this day.  Let me start at the beginning.
 

With the car loaded we headed for Cruz Bay.  There everybody grabbed their stuff and we hiked on Lind Trail over the hill.  The walk was not bad, but that is pretty easy for me to say since I was on Daddy’s back.  It has not rained very much on island and everything is dry!  So there were no real pretty flowers along the way.  Just brown leaves.  There were short glimpses of blue water through the brush, but nothing like the sight of Honeymoon Beach when our destination had been reached.  Poppa was sneaky, and I never realized that he had driven to the next bay and sneaked in the back way.  Wasn’t sure why he did that until the walk back.  It was a very easy walk to Caneel Bay for everybody after a day on the beach.  Daddy was mad that Poppa paid $20 to park, but they had a little beach hut that sold chips and drinks.  If you bought $20 of their stuff parking was free.  Bam!  3 ½ beers later parking was free.

We set up camp under the trees.  The sand was so white and the water so blue, I had to run and play in it.  That is when Momma found a new friend.  It looked a little like the monsters at the wedding, but it was so tiny.  It was very scared and would not let go of her hand. Finally, Daddy nudged it along its way and I was off to man my raft. 
 
Poppa pulled me around making motor boat sounds as I looked through the peek hole to see the fish. It was so relaxing on that raft… you know what happened next?
 
 
Yep I was down for the count.  There is something about all this beach time that just puts me out.  So I would not get any sun on the back of legs while I checked out the back of my lids, YaYa covered me with Poppa’s shirt. 
 
 
So I slept for a couple hours advertising for Waffle House as people walked up and down the beach.
 
The adults took turns snorkeling out on the point while I snoozed.  Poppa saw a 4 foot barracuda that was swimming right along YaYa, but she never even saw the big fish. Probably just as well.  Momma told me she saw lots of pretty fish, but no turtles.  She just loves to snorkel, and Daddy took a picture of YaYa and Momma underwater. 
 
 
All in all, it was a great day on the beach, and as I said earlier it was an easy walk back to the car for our return to Cruz Bay.  The night was young and so am I was never as true as my Saturday rolled on.

Heading back into Cruz Bay, Poppa dropped us near the ferry dock.  He had to take the big blue Explorer to some place called the gravel lot to park.  The rest of us headed to the Beach Bar.  There was music playing and people were having a good time.
 
I ordered up a Mango Smoothie, and the big people got some crazy drinks!  I think the Cruz Bay beach may have been my favorite hangout because they had Cornhole Boards on the beach and lots of children to play with.  The water is calm in front of the Beach Bar, and there are boats everywhere!  A kid can really have some fun this beach! 
 
 
Just when I was getting my bags ready for another go at the board, it was time to move on… bummer!  We left the Beach Bar headed for Woody’s.

After our short walk, we stopped in the middle of the street, and Poppa said we are here – Woody’s! People and cars were everywhere.  There were new friends that we had met at the wedding also there.  They had scored the coveted corner table at Woody’s.  We all just gathered round the table and I danced on the brick wall while the adults chatted.   A nice woman, who wore real short pants, brought another round of Mango Smoothies and adult drinks.  I did not think it could get any better, but it sure did. 

Mr. Hollywood, who is a local street musician, introduced himself to me and let me strum his guitar.  Uncle Brandon made some chords as I plucked at the strings and voilà - I was making music!  Then Brandon started playing Mr. Hollywood’s instrument and everybody started singing.  I did not know the words so I clapped.  


The song was something about a woman not crying, and everyone knew the lyrics.  To me, it sounded a lot like my Ziggy Marley "Family Time" CD.  Dad told me later it was song by Bob, Ziggy's Daddy. Even the people across the street were singing and clapped after each song. 

Uncle Brandon played until he had blisters, and Hollywood needed something to eat.  We had so much fun sitting on the side of the road singing and meeting all sorts of nice people.  YaYa, Poppa, and I gave Woody’s a big potato salute because we had blown that place up.  It was time to start walking to the gravel lot.

As we headed up the hill there was all sorts of commotion happening in the school’s baseball field.  We have stumbled into Wagapalooza, the Animal Care Center’s yearly dog show.  There were little dogs, big dogs, ugly dogs, and dogs that looked like their owners.  They were everywhere.  Then out of the corner of my eye, I saw it!  A Bounce House.  I made a B-Line to this room of pleasure.  Albeit, I never have experienced a Bounce house it appeared the kids were having fun and I decide to just jump in. (excuse the pun)  


The added bonus was you got to slide down after your turn was over. 



WOW WOW WOW – What a day!  After dinner at our villa, I was ready to call it day.

5 comments:

  1. haha "3 ½ beers later parking was free." what a deal! These pictures are priceless - what an adorable little guy, so much personality. Great underwater shot of the two mermaids too... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why thank you Mrs Marissa for such kind words. More underwater pictures in coming adventures. Stay tuned! ☺

    Poppa and Daddy had no problem paying for parking. In fact I think they could have covered another car.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tom - you're the star on my blog today. :) You were right - that salad IS a flavor explosion!! Next up for us: Spain in the fall. Any advice? That's where you and Janet fell in love, yes? I'm guessing you have a tip or two for us...

    ReplyDelete
  4. For those who are not familiar with Marissa's Blog it is called Pinch & Swirl and it is a wonderful place to find great recipes.

    http://pinchandswirl.com/2015/05/shrimp-and-green-mango-salad/

    Marissa... Spain... Funny you should say that. Janet and I are planning a fall trip to Spain. I will be in touch so hopefully our paths will cross.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful, Tom! And thanks for sharing P&S. :) LOVED your comment..

    ReplyDelete